Whitacre is that rare thing, a modern composer who is both popular and original
– The Daily Telegraph, London
Grammy®-winning composer and conductor Eric Whitacre is one of the most popular musicians of our time. His concert music has been performed throughout the world by millions of amateur and professional musicians alike, while his ground-breaking Virtual Choirs have united singers from over 120 different countries. A graduate of the prestigious Juilliard School of Music, Eric currently holds the position of Artist in Residence with the Los Angeles Master Chorale having completed a five-year term as Composer in Residence at the University of Cambridge, UK.
As conductor of the Eric Whitacre Singers he has released several chart-topping albums including chart-topping bestseller, Light and Gold. Eric has conducted choral and orchestral concerts around the globe, including sold-out concerts with the London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the Minnesota Orchestra. In addition to collaborations with legendary Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer, he has worked with British pop icons Laura Mvula, Imogen Heap and Annie Lennox.
A charismatic speaker, Eric has given keynote addresses for many Fortune 500 companies and global institutions including Apple, Google, the World Economic Forum in Davos, the United Nations Speaker’s Programme and two main stage TED talks.
- Concert ReviewsPeople’s World reviews The Sacred Veil
- FeaturesBruzz TV: In rehearsal with the Brussels Philharmonic
- Features“Creating Virtual Choir 5 for Deep Field” – J.W. Pepper Blog
- Resources“Cancer, chemo and ‘The Sacred Veil’: Master Chorale sings a search for solace” – LA Times
- Short EditorialCultural Attaché Blog: Eric discusses The Sacred Veil