“Whitacre is that rare thing, a modern composer who is both popular and original” – The Daily Telegraph, London
Grammy-winning composer and conductor Eric Whitacre is one of the most popular musicians of our time. His concert music has been performed throughout the world by millions of amateur and professional musicians alike, while his ground-breaking Virtual Choirs have united singers from over 110 different countries. A graduate of the prestigious Juilliard School of Music, Eric was recently appointed Artist in Residence with the Los Angeles Master Chorale having completed a five-year term as Composer in Residence at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, UK.
As conductor of the Eric Whitacre Singers he has released several chart-topping albums including 2011’s bestselling Light and Gold. A sought after guest conductor, Eric has conducted choral and instrumental concerts around the globe, including sold-out concerts with the London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the Minnesota Orchestra. In addition to several collaborations with legendary Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer, he has worked with British pop icons Laura Mvula, Imogen Heap and Annie Lennox.
A charismatic speaker, Eric has given keynote addresses for many Fortune 500 companies and global institutions including Apple, Google, the World Economic Forum in Davos, the United Nations Speaker’s Programme and two main stage TED talks.
- Concert ReviewsTulsaWorld, Review of Tulsa Symphony Concert
- Concert ReviewsLA Times reviews the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s ‘Lux Aeterna’ concert
- FeaturesMusical Gesture and Musical Sound: An Interview with Eric Whitacre
- TVWBOY MUSIC MONDAY: West Virginia University Inaugural HS Choral Festival feat. Eric Whitacre
- Concert ReviewsProm 32, The Arts Desk – Cloudburst