I’m thrilled to let you know that the website for Virtual Choir 6: Sing Gently is now live so you can listen to the music, download and learn the sheet music, record and upload your video if you would like to join.
Lots of people have already expressed an interest in being a part of the performance and we have created comprehensive resources to explain the process, including extensive Frequently Asked Questions. The Virtual Choir team is small and, much as we’d love to, we can’t hope to answer all your questions by email; please check the FAQs to see if we’ve already answered your question before reaching out to us. There is also an official Virtual Choir 6 Facebook Group where trusted and knowledgeable Virtual Choir veterans and other members of the amazing Virtual Choir community will be able to help you.
Here are the most important things to remember when creating your videos:
1. You’ll need two devices – one to record your video and a second to watch and hear the conductor video & guide track to make sure you sing at the right pitch and tempo.
2. Remember to clap at the beginning of the video – just watch the conductor video and I’ll show you when to do this. This will help us to synchronize the music.
3. Please record your video in a horizontal format (landscape), not vertical.
4. Remember to use headphones to listen to the guide track so all we hear is your voice.
5. Please review our video guidelines and compress your video before sending it to us if you can. This will help keep our data levels under control.
6. Most importantly, have fun!
I can’t wait to start hearing your performances. Remember: don’t leave it to the last minute to upload your video. The sooner you submit, the sooner we can start to build the final film and release it. We don’t have an exact release date for the film but we’ll send you a message about this as soon as we can.
From Claire and Meg (my managers, trusted partners and producers of the Virtual Choir) and myself, thank you for considering joining Virtual Choir 6.